- Put together by our experienced Australian teachers.
- Once again, the most up-to-date program in Australia.
- Simple, easy to follow graphics with engaging teachers・voices explaining every lesson. (REAL Australian teachers・voices ・NOT computerised or robotic!)
- After students complete a lesson they attempt an activity, which is essential to consolidate the work they have just learned in that lesson and to demonstrate understanding of the correct setting out.
- The Student enters the answers into the computer and the computer marks the student, showing which answers are correct, which are incorrect and gives the results as a percentage.
- The student is not to move on to the next lesson, unless 90% or better is achieved. This means that a child is never going to move onto new work until they have mastered the pre-requisite work.
- A Phone Tutor is available Monday to Thursday between 4pm and 7pm. (e-tutor internationally)
- Topic tests are completed at the end of each topic to ensure mastery of that topic.
- At any stage through the program parents and students can view a report by topic and lesson, showing the student痴 progress and their strengths or weaknesses. You no longer have to worry about lack of specific information on school reports.
- Maths POWER is the finest maths program available today and we have been featured on A Current Affair and Today Tonight because of the quality, price and the excellent results our students are achieving.
- Includes access to an Education Advice Line for parents and students between business hours Monday to Friday.
- Peace of mind that Maths POWER is the appropriate maths program for your child, with the most reputable and recognized Australian Education Company, Back to the Future Education!
Because students work at their own pace, Maths POWER is suitable for students who are behind, as well as being able extend students who are gifted and talented. It prepares students with the utmost confidence and a solid understanding of the maths concepts required for success.
(Click here to view full price and product comparison)
Maths POWER is the most affordable option at only $420 for a 2-Year High School module. (MathsPOWER for Infants and Primary $220 for a one-year module including previous year revision and following year extension). Compare that to traditional tutoring which is around $400 per TERM, not year, and other non-Australian computer-tutoring programs at an up-front $4000-$8000 purchase price. With MathsPOWER, we also allow families to pay in monthly installments and there are discounts for families requiring more than one module.
So how does it all work?
This question is probably best answered by the following excerpt from the review of the program by teacher, Cathy Brown, editor of Virtual Teacher web site and newsletter.
的magine a lesson in which you explained a concept from beginning to end logically, with a little flair, a few insightful comments and NO interruptions・/p>
The MathsPOWER folk have given a teacher this opportunity, and it is brilliant. The voice over teacher explains each Maths concept logically, in a consistent manner. The teacher asks questions to provoke thought and engage the listener. The voice is not patronizing, it is informative, it makes you feel as if you are being let in on Mathematics・little secrets・
Like any good teacher, the MathsPOWER teachers break problems down into smaller components and consistently solve problems using the same logical steps. The instructions are simple and clear and it seems as though the teacher is talking directly to you. The lessons work from the simple to the complex in logical steps, and with no interruptions, even algebra can seem easy.
・fter logging into the program the student watches and listens to a lesson. At the end of the lesson you print out an exercise sheet for the student to attempt a number of questions.
Once the questions are answered using good old pen and paper, the results are entered into the computer. Click OK, and the percentage achieved is displayed. YOU CAN HAVE A SECOND TRY if you have not achieved 90% or more. This is great, you really feel in charge, you have the power. Correct those few pesky little mistakes.
Once 90% is achieved you can progress to the next lesson.
The program keeps a record of your results and progress; you can also keep a written record ・There you have it, Bob痴 your uncle.
Slick, effective and NO interruptions.
The presentation is simple, it doesn稚 try and get too complex and uses predictable procedures. Headphones are an advantage; a non-interruptible clear concise explanation of mathematical concepts is a dream.
This program represents a new style of software. It provides a comprehensive program covering the mathematics syllabus ... It allows students to progress at their own speed and evaluate and control their own learning, to repeat lessons as many or as few times as they need.
Students who learn quickly are accommodated; students who learn slowly are accommodated.
・basic mathematics can be learned individually by students at their own pace in their own time. Mini lessons can be given in an ordered logical manner without interruption・